XAMPP provides an ideal local development environment, XAMPP is a simple and lightweight solution that allows you to create a ideal local development environment.
Install XAMPP on your machine.
Download the XAMPP from Apache Friends website: Download XAMPP
After successful download XAMPP installer, please follow the below steps(the below steps can be differ on your machine):
The XAMPP setup wizard will guide you through the installation.
1. Click on installer, welcome screen will be display. Click Next.
2. The next window ‘Select Components’ will be display where you will be asked to select which components of the software you would like to install.
3. Next, select the folder where you would like to install XAMPP on your machine.
4. The next window ‘Bitnami for XAMPP’ will be display. This window will ask you whether you would like to install Bitnami for XAMPP or not. Note: Bitnami for XAMPP provides a free installer that can install many open source applications such as WordPress, Drupal and Joomla etc. On here we don’t need free installers, so uncheck “Learn more about Bitnami for XAMPP” options and click ‘Next’.
5. Next, Installing window will be display. Wait till then processing does not stopped.
6. After the successfully installation, ‘Complete the XAMPP Setup Wizard’ window will be display that means XAMPP has been installed.
Fixing Port related error
If you see the any port related error like ‘Port 80 in use by “Unable to open process” with ….! or ‘Port 443 in use by…’. Most probably this is due to another program using ports 80 or 443 on your machine. Apache and MySQL uses port 80 and 443 by default.
You can fix this problem to stop the those application or force to use the other ports.