MonthCalendar control provides us selection of the date range, however we can select a date in DateTimePicker but DateTimepicker enables the user to select a single DateTime value. But you can set a range of dates or get a selection range set by the user by using properties of the MonthCalendar control.
We can understand this with the help of following code sample that demonstrates how to set a selection range.
- Private Sub SelectDateRange()
- Dim StartDate As Date = New DateTime(2011, 9, 21)
- Dim EndDate As Date = New DateTime(2011, 9, 25)
- MonthCalendar1.SelectionRange = New SelectionRange(StartDate, EndDate)
- End Sub
- private void SelectDateRange()
- System.DateTime StartDate = new DateTime(2011, 9, 21);
- System.DateTime EndDate = new DateTime(2011, 9, 25);
- MonthCalendar1.SelectionRange = new SelectionRange(StartDate, EndDate);
above code will select the daterange between 21/9/2011 to 25/9/2011.